Monday, April 1, 2013

Review: Sins & Needles by Karina Halle

Hayyyyy! Again it's review day--this week it's Monday (last week it was Thursday, and if you missed last weeks review-check it out here because that book was the beez neez, just sayin').
Anywho this week I read the book Sins & Needles by Karina Halle. I decided to pick this book up because several of my friends read it, not to mention that the cover if off the chain--I mean just look at it!
Pretty amazing looking huh? 
Here is a little bit about the book before I give my review.

Blurb:

Ellie Watt is used to starting over. The daughter of a grifting team, Ellie spent her childhood being used as a pawn in her parents' latest scam. Now she's much older, wiser and ready to give her con artist life a rest. But returning to the dry desert town of Palm Valley, California means one more temptation than she bargained for - Camden McQueen. Once known as the high school weirdo, Camden is bigger and badder than the boy he used to be and a talented tattoo artist with his own thriving business. Ellie's counting on Camden still being in love with her but what she's not counting on is how easily unrequited love can turn into obsession over time. When Camden discovers Ellie's plan to con him, he makes her a deal she doesn't dare refuse, but her freedom comes with a price and it's one that takes both Ellie and Camden down a dangerous road.

My Review:
When I started reading this book I was kind of disappointed. It started off a little boring and I felt like it was never going to pick up. It did though, pick up that is. Like seriously, I went from being totally bored to 'oh my gosh, what?' I ended up not being about to put it down. Ellie is such a complicated character. I loved following her and learning about her present and her past. Camden is equally likable because he had a hard life as well, being the strange kid in school-to becoming the hottie with all of the tats, not to mention an all around nice guy. Don't let me calling him nice put you off of him though, he is definitely rough around the edges, a man who has been pushed too far and take advantage of a few too many times. 
Overall I really enjoyed reading Sins & Needles, so much in fact, that I already went and purchased the prequel to this one (On Every Street). I recommend this. Go check it out. 
I give Sins & Needles 4 Stars.
I purchased this on Amazon.

No comments :

Post a Comment