Saturday, May 25, 2013

Halfway Finished Celebration/Title Suggestions?


I've officially reached the halfway point on my WIP!
image
I know you're thinking... "Wait...she isn't finished so why are we celebrating?" 
My answer to that is... WHY NOT? lol. 
To be honest, I love celebrating AND I love being halfway finished, which is why I'm having this mini blog party. 

image
(this is what I am doing at my computer right now, in case you needed a visual ;))

Now I'm sure you're wondering... "What makes this celebration cool?"
Welllllll, my lovely blogging friends, I have decided to share a snippet from my WIP with all of you. 

Here's a little bit about the book:
New Adult Post Apocalyptic Romance where that things that go bump in the night are never sexy...but they are hungry...

Here is the snippet from Chapter One. Now keep in mind, please, that this is an unedited version so it has errors galore I am sure. Oh, and also--before you read--I am still stumped on a title. I really love the name Crave and I think it would be a perfect title, but it has already been used by some extremely popular authors on some extremely popular books. I want to have a title that's different. You know what I mean? 
After reading the excerpt, if you have some ideas, please feel free to share with me!! I would love to hear your thoughts! 


Here it is. The end of her life. Eve always knew it would come, and that it would be just like this. With a swarm of dead flesh and tangling limbs. She knew it wouldn’t be peaceful when she was at a ripe old age, holding her grandchild’s hand and telling stories that he or she had already heard a million times. No, she knew that had never been in the cards for her. Not with the way the world had crumbled four years ago.
People had died in waves, the sickness ravaging their bodies within days, some within hours. It wouldn’t have been so bad if they had died and actually stayed dead. Yes, that would have been idyllic. But they didn’t. Once the virus had destroyed them, they came back, a shell of their former self—a jenk. At least that’s what Eve called them. They were what bed-time stories and bad TV shows tried to make before The Reckoning came. Zombies


Have thoughts on my snippet? Please share with me! :)

Thanks for stopping by and celebrating! ;)


image

2 comments :

  1. The snippet sounds good! I have no idea for a title but Crave does sound good :/

    Keep it up! (OMG Damon Salvatore is waving at me!! ;p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee! I'm glad you liked it.
      I'm still unsure about the title. I had someone suggest The Crave, which I think sounds pretty cool too.
      I don't know yet though. I've still got time!

      Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

      Delete