Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review: Dark House (EIT #1)



Happy Father's Day!! I thought I would celebrate this lovely day dedicated to dads everywhere, by writing a review of a book I read recently (lol, that's not really why I'm posting it, but it sounds nice, right?)
Anyways... I have been reading like a beast lately. In fact I read a book not too long ago that was SO FREAKING GOOD that I wanted to give 100,000 stars. Yes, sounds crazy, right? This review isn't over that book, lol, I'm such a tease I know. I read that one for the BotM read with the lovely Kenya, Dara, and Alicia, and we aren't discussing until later in the month. (I will definitely be posting a review on here at the time.)

Anyway, I recently read Dark House (Experiment in Terror #1) by Karina Halle. 

Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1)

Blurb: With all the vampire, werewolf and faerie books out there, it's easy to become numb to all things supernatural. The antidote? Darkhouse introduces two real and unforgettable characters, Perry Palomino & Dex Foray, amateur ghost hunters who are "attractive, relatable and oddly heroic," "flawed but loveable," "slightly crazy" and just the most endearing pair to ever tackle the paranormal...just don't call them normal.

Darkhouse is a thrilling and sexy new take on concepts like Supernatural and The X-Files, bringing a breath of fresh air to a genre that has been inundated with the dead.

***Darkhouse and the Experiment in Terror series is a horror/romance for mature audiences only. Readers who are easily offended by harsh language should think twice about reading it.***


My Review:
First off: I love the cover. Like WOW. Perfect fit for the book, and just absolutely GORGEOUS!

I previously read Sins & Needles and On Every Street by Karina Halle, and it was those books that prompted me to check out her EIT series. 
I have to be honest and say that this book definitely didn't disappoint. I like horror books (occasionally) and this one was everything I expected and so much more. I seriously stayed up late terrified of my own shadow while reading this book, and not able to put it down. 

The romance/sexual tension in this book is hot. BUT keep in mind this isn't intended as a romance. The relationship between Dex and Perry is secondary to the main plot, but that doesn't make it any less entertaining or hot at the same time. 

I really love Perry, the main character. She is very easy to relate to. She is just your average girl leading an average life. She has always struggled with a weight problem and tries very hard to overcome this and have more confidence. She feels like an idiot and clutz a lot of the time and I found myself rooting for her, because she embodies a lot of the characteristics that people/women everywhere deal with on a daily basis. 
All in all I loved this book. 

I give Dark House 5 stars!
This book is FREE on Amazon!  Go grab your copy now!!

No comments :

Post a Comment