Sunday, August 11, 2013

Review: On Demon Wings by Karina Halle



About the book:

When the life you wanted has crumbled beneath your fingers, there’s nothing left to do but pick up the pieces and soldier on. You’ve done this before.
On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5)
But what happens when you no longer feel like yourself anymore? When fires spontaneously start-up around you, when you hear growling coming from underneath your bed, and you no longer recognize your face in the mirror. What happens then?

Ghost-hunter Perry Palomino doesn’t have much time to find out. Now, the evil she used to hunt is a lot closer to home. It’s inside of her, taking over her life bit-by-terrifying bit, and there’s only one person who can help her.

If part of her doesn’t kill him first.




My Review:

It's no secret that I have been reading the Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle and absolutely loving them and I feel no differently about this book. I have to admit that it is extremely different from the other books. If I thought the other books were dark than this one was born in the pits of hell. 
(And I mean that in a good way, really.)

The story-line before now was more of a fun and rather innocent journey. Perry and Dex expanded their relationship through their YouTube ghost hunter show called Experiment in Terror. But all innocence died with the ending of Lying Season (EIT #4). Perry's character has evolved like no other character I have ever read. The reader gets to see Perry at the lowest point in her life and gets to experience the fright of the things that are going on around her. Perry questions her sanity and Halle does a fabulous job of putting the reader in Perry's shoes. 

I was questioning my own sanity while I read this book. (I know, I should have questioned it long before now, lol). 
Of course questioning my lucidity isn't the only thing this book invoked. I was absolutely shit-my-pants terrified for the ENTIRE book. 
image

I'm freaking serious. I actually made this exact face and ran from my kindle into a bunch of coats more than once while reading this book. 

As an overall look at the book--I loved it. Granted it didn't have enough Dex in it, but I understand why. The things that happen in this book are MAJOR, people. MAJOR! I am so excited to read Old Blood (EIT #5.5) which is Pippa's story. In fact I think I will start it tonight. 

I give On Demon Wings FIVE stars! 

I purchased this on Amazon. :)



No comments :

Post a Comment